Centre for Behavioral Science in Finance, Economics and Marketing at Indian Institute of Management - Ahmedabad in association with the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Call for Papers
Conference Dates: April 4 -5, 2023
For more information write to us : firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
BISM conference (Hybrid mode) would be held on April 4-5, 2023. Organised by the Centre for Behavioral Science in Finance, Economics, and Marketing at the Indian Institute of Management - Ahmedabad in association with the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.
The conference will examine a diverse range of behavioural science studies and applications from India and around
the world in the disciplines of Finance, Economics, Marketing, consumer behaviour, organisational behaviour, and human resources.
The objective of the conference is to bring together researchers, regulators, Policy makers and practitioners to a common platform for discussion on important topics and agenda in Behavioral Science in Finance, Economics, and Marketing.
|Abstract Submissions Opens
|| December 1, 2022
|Abstract Submissions Close
||January 26, 2023
|Provisional abstract acceptance
||February 10, 2023
|Notification of Acceptance
||February 15, 2023
|Date for submission of full paper
||March 6, 2023
**Awards and Recognition
- Best Working Paper Award (One) 150000/- (one lakh fifty thousand Only) + Opportunity to work in Behavioural Lab
- Second Best Working Paper Award (one.) 75000/- (Seventy-five thousand only) + Opportunity to work in Behavioural Lab
- Most Promising Working Paper Award (one.) 75000/- (Seventy-five thousand only) + Opportunity to work in Behavioural Lab
- Poster Presentation
** The Conference committee/Award committee will select the best papers from the proposals submitted for Presentation. From the Papers presented at the BSIM 2023 conference, Shortlisted papers for Awards – based on the feedback received the will have to rework and submit final papers on or before 30 June 2023 to qualify for Prize money. Applicable Taxes will be deducted.
The conference attractions are
Hands on exercise for EEG & EYE Tracker (on-site only) and Networking dinner. (By invitation)
Travel reimbursement to eligible presenters (AC Three tier for shortest route)
These topics are not meant to be comprehensive, and we welcome submissions on important current and emerging developments in Behavioral science and management issues aligned with the theme of Conference.
Topics include but are not limited to the following:
- The use of behavioural economics to shape public policy
- Applications in neuroscience for projecting consumer behaviour
- Assumptions and challenges of neoclassical economic theory
- Methodological research on tracking consumer behavior and the effect of nudges
- Application of behavioral finance for regulatory reforms
- Understanding the nonlinearity of consumer behaviour: The role of mediators and moderators
- Neuroscience in predicting trading decisions of Investors
- Behavior differences amongst consumer segments: what, why, and how?
- Behavioural Economics of gender
- The influence of incentives on human decision-making
- Applied insights from neuroscience and behavioral economics to brands and advertising
- People Science-data and Behavioral Science to Understand the workforce
- Biases, heuristics, and investor decision making
- Impact of investor irrationality on asset pricing
- Household financial behavior
Conference will be held in a hybrid (in-person and online) format. In-person sessions will be held at the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad campus on April-4 -5, 2023 with a simultaneous option to present and participate online.
The conference is open to scholars and practitioners from India and rest of the world.
All the registered participants will be given conference materials, and food and snacks for two days. Participation certificate will be provided to participants who register and present at the conference.
The conference proceedings will be in English; no simultaneous translation will be available.
- Prof. Arvind Sahay , Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Prof. Aditya Moses , Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Prof. Pranav Singh, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Prof. Subhadip Roy, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Prof. Joshy Jacob, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Prof. Vishwanth Pingali, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Prof. Jeevant Rampal, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
The Journal for Decision Makers is an open-access journal of the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad