The 9th INFORMS Transportation Science and Logistics Society Workshop will be held virtually at IIM Ahmedabad during December 13-15, 2021. The theme of the workshop this year is "E-Commerce in an Emerging World".
About the Theme:
E-commerce is on a growth phase with many innovations in logistics delivery. New business models are evolving and research interests in this field are growing. New models are required to reduce delivery costs and maintain sharp delivery windows, especially with respect to grocery distribution. The rapidly growing e-commerce industry is expected to reach US$200 billion by 2026, necessitating a robust support in infrastructure including logistics capabilities. Logistics are quickly emerging as the biggest challenge in e-tailing, while simultaneously being the key differentiator considering the stiff competition between domestic and international players.
For e-commerce to function efficiently, it is necessary to have a consistent logistics system that will provide support through warehousing, inventory, delivery, invoicing, handling cash-on-delivery and product-returns. The role of logistics in e-commerce is to reduce the risk that arises from the virtual relations. Additionally, E-commerce logistics needs to reduce the risk in the relationship between the seller and the customer by ensuring that the right product is delivered to the right customer, at the right place and at the right time. Moreover, unlike brick and mortar stores where delivery is immediate, e-commerce firms are still grappling with the challenge of the speed with which the ordered product reaches the customer. Logistics stand to play a key role in overcoming such disadvantages, enabling e-tailers to further grow and expand.
In this context, we invite contributions on the above issues. Possible topics (though not limited to) are:
- Last-mile Logistics
- Sharing Economy in Last-mile Delivery
- Design of Omnichannel Distribution Models
- Urban Distribution Systems
- Logistics 4.0 (IoTs, autonomous vehicles, drones)
- Dynamic Delivery Pricing, Dynamic Delivery Systems, and Crowdshipping
- Efficient and scalable Sortation and Package Handling
- Integration of Public and Freight Transportation
- Manpower Planning and Productivity
- Transportation Scheduling
- Network Topology and Hub Location Planning
- Real-time Planning and Orchestration of Shipments
SUBMISSION LINK FOR TSL2021
Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: August 31, 2021
Notification of Acceptance: September 30, 2021
Registration Deadline: November 30, 2021
Presentation & Video Submission Deadline: November 15, 2021
- Prof. Sandip Chakrabarti, Faculty, PSG Area, IIMA
- Prof. Joris Kinable, Assistant Professor, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
- Prof. Srikumar Krishnamoorthy, Faculty, IS Area, IIMA
- Prof. Debjit Roy, Faculty, P&QM Area, IIMA
- Prof. Tom Van Woensel, Full Professor, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands.